How does it work?
At the start of each season, we identify a list of popular races (local where possible), covering a range of distances. When you compete in one of these designated races you receive points based on your placing against other OxfordTri competitors in your category.
There is no minimum number of races required so you can do 1 race or all of them! Only your 3 best results will be counted but you can get bonus points for doing more than three races.
We run the following 6 categories:
- Male Vet (+40)
- Female Vet (+40)
- Male Supervet (+50)
- Female Supervet (+50)
The following points will be awarded to finishers in each of the above categories:
- 1st 10 points
- 2nd 8 points
- 3rd 7 points
- 4th 6 points
- 8th 2 points
- 9th and over 1 point
Results from your 3 best races will count towards your final score and you can complete as many races as you want in the series.
Exceptional rules: If in any of the events there is only one competitor racing in one of the above categories, the finisher gets only 7 points because there is no real competition with other members. If the competitors in the category are two, the fastest finisher gets 8 points and the slower finisher gets 7 points. With 3 competitors or more, the standard points’ award applies.
Bonus points are available as follows:
- 2 points for every race completed over the basic 3 required;
- 1 point for each additional distance completed, for example, if you just do sprint and olympic races you get 1 bonus point and so on (duathlons count as an additional distance);
Most importantly, the onus is on you to list your own race results on the results page of the website. If you enter a club champs race, and you want it to count towards the series, you must enter your finishing details yourself. With almost 250+ members in the club, it is just impossible for us to keep track. If you do not enter your results then the race will not count. You have two weeks after an event to enter your results results entered after two weeks may not be included in the Championship.
OxfordTri Club Championship races 2023:
Discount codes can be found in your members discounts and offers page
1. Chilly Sprint Duathlon
5 March 23 – Sunday – entries open
2. Newbury Duathlon
16 April 23 – Sunday – entries open
3. Banbury Triathlon – sprint distance
14th May 23
4. Dorney Triathlon – standard distance & Aqua bike standard
10 June 23 – Saturday
Standard distance & Aquabike Standard
5. The Oxfordshire Triathlon Series – sprint distance (race 1)
2 July 23 – Sunday
6. Holkham Outlaw – Middle distance (coaching target event further details to follow)
9 July 23 – Sunday
7. The Oxfordshire Triathlon Series – sprint distance (race 2)
20 August 23 – Sunday
8. New Forest Triathlon – middle distance & Aquabike middle distance
3 September 23 – Sunday
9. Reading Olympic distance triathlon
3rd September 23 – Sunday
How to submit your results?
Please submit your results via this google form.