Hello OxfordTri Family!
I hope that you have had a great week. As this goes out many of us will be partying away at our End of Season Awards Dinner at Oxsrad and so as a result it seems only fitting that this newsletter should be short and sweet.
I want to encourage you all to take a moment over the next couple of days to reflect back on your sporting season/year. Perhaps you have knocked down barriers you never thought that you you could even reach or perhaps this season has been one of gradual comebacks or perhaps it’s been one that you are looking to forget. The beauty of seasons are that they are constantly changing and often we are able to look ahead with excitement for whatever the future brings be that next season or the one after that. My hope and prayer is that next season will be one filled with happiness, success and perhaps the odd medal or too.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Oxford Tri Committee Meeting
On Monday we will have our first meeting as a new committee. As a result we just wanted to encourage you to share any ideas that you had or any feedback you wanted to give with regards to how the club is progressing.
From last week I wanted to leave our aims and objectives as set out in our 2025 Strategy just to help guide some of those thoughts if any.
Also please feel free to send any thoughts and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org where they can be anonymised before discussing if you would like.
- Seeking to welcome and include all individuals within our club community.
- Aspiring to reduce barriers to participation in triathlon and multi-sport events.
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in our own club and the wider sport of triathlon.
- Being transparent about the leadership and management of Oxford Tri.
- Providing a mixture of coached and non-coached sessions which support our community in improving their physical and mental health.
- Supporting the personal development of individuals seeking to progress into coaching or additional roles within Oxford Tri.
- Listening to our membership community as we seek to continuously develop and improve the positive impact of Oxford Tri.
To do it Together;
- As a community we actively support, encourage and care for our fellow club members.
- Actively partnering with other sports clubs and organisations within Oxford, with the aim of improving the sporting experience for all.
- Seeking to support our wider Oxford community through club-based initiatives.
- Celebrating all forms of achievements with our club community.
2023 AGM Minutes
Please find below the Minutes from our AGM the other week there. This also includes the financial documents/report. If you have any thoughts or feedback from the evening please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the committee.
Meet the Committee
We Continue our meet the committee series with Liz and Lefteris, check them out below!
Also a reminder that we are still on the look our for someone to help our with social media. Could you be that person? We’d love to hear from you! You don’t necessarily need to be creative we are definitely after some trustworthy people to help us managed Facebook group and everything that happens on there.
See the official calendar for full info and sign up links.
Saturday 4th November: Oxford Tri Does Parkrun – Various @ 09:00
Monday 6th November: Coached Swim – Leys Pool @ 20:00
Tuesday 7th November: Member Lead Social Run – Headington Hill @ 19:00
Tuesday 7th November: Coached Spin – Oxsrad @ 19:00
Tuesday 7th November: Coached Swim – Thame Pool @ 20:00
Wednesday 8th November: Coached Swim – Radley Pool @ 19:30
Thursday 9th November: Coached Run – Horspath Track @ 19:00
Friday 10th November: Strength and Conditioning Online @ 07:15
Friday 10th November: Coached Swim – Kidlington Pool @ 19:00
Friday 10th November: Coached Spin – Iffley Sports Centre @ 19:00