The date is finally upon us! The OxfordTri BBQ Awards Party is this Saturday 2nd October from 3pm.
Didn’t sign up? It’s not too late to join it the fun! All members and their families are welcome to pop by, we have catered for the numbers signed up but we can imagine there’ll be a sausage or burger going spare
Just a bit of final information about the event…
Having watched the weather very closely all week, we have made the decision to base ourselves indoors. Heavy rain and gusty winds are due to commence just as we get the party started, so we’ll play it safe and use the lovely big sports hall. With this change in setting brings a very important request:
Whilst the UK government has removed all legal restrictions, to ensure we’re keeping our coaches and club members safe, we’re encouraging you to undertake a pre-BBQ lateral flow test. There is no requirement to wear face-coverings, though appreciating that part of our event will be inside, opting to protect your fellow club members by doing so will be welcomed. In addition, thank you all in advance for observing government guidelines surrounding covid symptoms and possible exposure.
Order of service:
3pm – arrival, drinks, mingling, purchase raffle tickets
4pm – speeches, awards raffle prizes
5pm – BBQ, mingling, more drinking
6pm – disco and dancing til you drop
umours of a post-event knees-up in town. Still TBC, but listen out for details on the day!
We will provide:
- A burger/hot dog at a cost of approx £5 each
- Plastic cups for drinks
- Raffle tickets to purchase on the day
- Excellent banter
- Indoor venue, with the option of the marquees outside
- Games (weather-dependent)
Please bring the following with you:
- Provisions for keeping booze cold, if required (cooler box etc)-we have a club one but may not be large enough.
- Enough clothing if you’d like to mingle outside
- Money for raffle tickets. £5 a strip. We will have a Covid Safe option of Paypal/Online payments but if you’re old school correct money is appreciated.
If you have any dietary requirements, please make these known to me, Katie McDonald, ASAP!
We are so, so excited to see you all……70 of you, in fact! Please be covid-conscious and only attend if you are well.