Outlaw put on truly exceptional races, but it is the people who really make them memorable. Whether you have competed at Outlaw or any other race, you will know what it means to hear your name being cheered across the course, and to spot familiar faces in the crowd. Not to mention all the OxfordTri kit that will be on show- about 10 of us so far, with entries closing tonight.
OxfordTri have been approached by Outlaw Bowood event organisers, offering a unique opportunity for our club to run a feed station at the race on 12thSeptember 2021.
What does it involve?
You, along with 10-15 other OxfordTri folk, will support athletes by manning a feed station on the run course between approx. 6am and 2pm (exact times TBC). You will help runners grab drinks and food, and keep supplies topped up. Enthusiastic cheering is always welcome!
Where is this happening?
The course is at Bowood House and Gardens, SN11 0LZ.
What do I get in return?
Outlaw volunteers get a number of perks:
- A huge sense of satisfaction having had the chance to cheer on fellow members at an end-of-season race. Nice and local too, so a fun day out!
- Free camping on site the night before you volunteer and the evening of the event if you wish
- Packed lunch
- Free entry into the events supporting Saturday event (this year only Future Outlaw, however for future years they will progress this into a senior event too)
- Guaranteed entry into any 2022 Outlaw event
- Event specific volunteering t-shirt, personalised with our club name on the t-shirt too!
When do I need to commit by?
To maximise on the perks, we need to let the organisers know ASAP. Please register your interest by signing up here: https://www.oxfordtri.uk/sessions/outlaw-bowood-volunteering/ by Sunday