Last updated: 20/04/2022
Stay healthy. Spring into Summer.
Keep taking steps to minimise the impact of Covid on our club.
Now that the remaining COVID restrictions have been removed, we hope that you enjoy a return to a more normal life as summer approaches. However, the virus is still in circulation, so we ask you to take the following steps to minimise the spread and avoid disruption to your experience of Oxford Tri:
- Avoid contact with others if you might be infectious (see the advice on the NHS website for what to do if you feel unwell or might have COVID);
- Respect other people’s space;
- Let fresh air in when indoors;
- Keep up to date with COVID vaccinations;
- Respect those who choose to wear a face covering; and
- Cover coughs and sneezes and wash your hands regularly.
Advice for Those Who are Unwell
Many people with mild respiratory symptoms will have other illnesses, such as a common cold or hay fever, rather than COVID-19.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you should remain away from the club sessions for five days, as this is the most infectious period. After that, you should not return to training until any symptoms have subsided, and you feel fit and able to do so.
- If you have a fever or more severe illness and cannot be tested for COVID-19 or have tested negative, you should stay away from club sessions until the fever subsides and you are asymptomatic.
- If you have minor respiratory symptoms, you can continue to attend club sessions, but, if possible, do a lateral flow test (LFD) to ensure you do not have COVID-19.
- If you have minor respiratory symptoms (and are untested/have tested negative for COVID), you should consider avoiding crowded spaces and close contact with other club members – you may not know who is at higher risk of becoming seriously unwell if infected with COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses.
The Committee and Coaches have worked really hard to keep sessions running and the club Covid Secure throughout the last two years. With your ongoing support and adherence to these simple guidelines, we are thrilled that we can all continue to keep training together and our sessions open for you all as we embrace our ‘normal’!